A brief history of Arc International
Arc International is a French company known for many brands including Arcopal, a discontinued line of very tough glassware.
- Founded 1825 in France as Verrerie Cristallerie d’Arques
- Luminarc® is registered in 1948 for transparent glass
- Arcopal® is registered in 1958 for opalescent glass
- Arcoroc® is also registered in 1958 for tempered glass
- The Cristal d'Arques® brand is launched in 1968
- Renamed Arc International in 2000
- In 2006 they acquires Arc International Cookware, makers of Pyrex
- In 2007 they launch the Chef & Sommelier® brand
- Arc International Cookware (Pyrex) is sold in 2014
Identification of Arc International glass
Where can you find out more?