A brief history of Booths pottery
Booths Ltd were manufacturers of earthenwares at Church Bank Pottery, Tunstall, Stoke on Trent, North Staffordshire.
They operated from 1891 through to 1948:
- 1842 The Church Bank Works were built by Robert Beswick
- 1860 The works were then taken over by Beech and Hancock
- 1862 Eardley and Hammersley took over the works
- 1864 Evans and Booth commenced business at the Knowles Works, Burslem
- 1868 Ralph Hammersley alone operated the Church Bank Works
- 1868 Evans and Booth became Thomas Booth and Co.
- 1870 Thomas Booth and Co were at Church Bank Works
- 1872 Thomas Booth and Co became Thomas Booth and Son.
- 1891 The name on the pottery became Booths
- 1898 The company took limited status and continued as such until the 1940s.
Identification of Booths pottery
A trio of teacup, saucer and plate by Booths Ltd from their "Real Old Willow" pattern. Second-hand.