An original, second-hand, Dutch language, 1930 guide book for the beautiful, Flemish city of Bruges.
Vintage 1930 Bruges guide book for sale
This is an orignal, 1930 city guide to the beautiful Flemish city of Bruges (Brugge) in Belgium. It's printed in the Dutch language.
It was printed in Bruges by De Koninklijke Gidsenbond and contains 80 pages of text, black and white photographs and a two page map in the centre. They are still in operation today: https://www.bruges-guides.com/nl/home.
It's full of interesting details which are still relevant to a tour of Bruges today. And if you can't read Dutch? Then you can use a Smartphone's camera to fairly easily translate it to most languages (even on the move), using Google's Translate, Apple's CameraApp and similar apps.
An original 1930 guide book
- Intact and in good condition
- There are no torn or defaced pages
- The staples are solid and holding well but are rusting
- The pages are now off-white but are uniform in colour and condition
- The back cover is badly yellowed and spotted
- The front cover has some yellowing and spotting and an indentation above the "B" of "Brugge"
- The corners and spine are worn in particular
- There is an official, blue Gidsenbond stamp on page 19, presumably to prove authenticity
- It's written in Dutch
Dimensions of a 1930 city guide book
- 21.5cm high (8.5" approx)
- 14cm wide (5.5" approx)
- 0.6cm depth (0.25" approx)
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.