A brief history of Midwinter pottery
W R Midwinter Limited was a successful, Staffordshire pottery manufacturer from 1910 until 1987. William Midwinter had previously been an employee at Royal Doulton.
- Founded in 1910 by William Robinson Midwinter at Bournes Bank, Burslem, Staffordshire
- In 1932 the business was renamed W. R. Midwinter Limited
- In 1968 they merged with J & G Meakin under the name British Tableware Limited
- In 1970 the Wedgwood Group took control
- In 1987 production under the Midwinter name ceased
Identification of Midwinter pottery
Where can you find out more?
A rare, oriental pattern, Staffordshire sugar caster by Midwinter. Second-hand.
A stoneware, Staffordshire coffee pot made by Midwinter in their "Stonehenge Creation" pattern. Second-hand.
A Staffordshire sugar caster in Midwinter's "Brama" pattern. Second-hand.