Original, American Ray-Ban sunglasses with matt silver, W2321 "Sidestreet" frames and Bausch & Lomb G-31, smoke-grey, reflective glass lenses. Second-hand.
What's for sale?
This is a pair of original American, Ray-Ban "Sidestreet" sunglasses with reflective, Bausch & Lomb smoke-grey glass lenses and unisex, matt silver W2321 frames.
The Bausch & Lomb G-31 smoke-grey lenses block 88% of visible light and 100% of UV light.
Included is a modern Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban case with hardened front.
They were made in the 1990s, which is important as Bausch & Lomb sold Ray-Ban in 1999; today Ray-Bans are no longer made in America or with these lenses.
Who made them and when?
They're made by American optic specialist Bausch & Lomb. Both lenses are engraved "BL". They were probably made in the 1990s.
The frames are marked:
- B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A.
- W2321 NNAS
What condition are they in?
Please remember when viewing the photographs that some have been taken at a greater magnification than normal vision.
- In fair condition
- The left lens has faint scratches in the centre
What are the measurements?
- Each lens is a maximum 52mm wide and 30mm high
- The frames are a maximum 137mm wide and 32mm high
- The bridge is 21mm
- The temple arm length is 140mm
- They weigh 33 grams
How are glasses measured?
- Some frames have their sizes printed on the arms
- Look for a pair of numbers separated by a square and a three-digit number on its own (e.g. "5219 ... 140")
- The first two numbers are the lens and bridge widths. The three-digit number is the temple arm length
- Lens widths are from 40 to 62mm, bridges 14 to 22mm and arms 120 to 150mm
- The bridge is measured where the gap between the lenses is narrowest (not the frames)
- The arm is measured from the hinge along its full length, including around the bend
- It's easiest to compare online measurements with glasses that fit you.
If you have any questions, just send an email to email@example.com.