A handblown, glass jug with clear glass celery handle and large, hollow stopper. Second-hand.
What's for sale?
This is a handblown, green glass jug with clear glass celery handle and large, hollow, globe stopper. It's an interesting piece, handmade and with a lot of detail.
The green glass body has a dense pattern of dimples on the inside surface which catches and distorts the light beautifully. The neck has been stretched upwards and folded at the top for the spout. The short, lower body has been pinched in to form the base, where there is a rough pontil mark.
There is a ribbed, 'celery' handle in clear glass, and this has an attractive twist where it was applied to the body.
The large, hollow globe stopper has also been handblown in clear glass and a series of slice cuts has been made around it, to help with grip and match the dimples.
What condition is it in?
- In good condition
- There are many bubbles and stress marks in the glass, where it has been stretched and shaped
- The stopper is a tight fit
- The stopper has a rough edge at its base
- There is a black mark on the neck which appears to be an inclusion in the glass
What are the measurements?
- 25cm high (about 10 inches)
- 8cm in diameter at the base (about 3 inches)
- 11.5cm at the widest (4.5 inches)
- 476 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to email@example.com.