An Aster tin toy cash register
This is a cute, mid 20th century, Japanese, tin toy cash register, branded Aster. It is priced in dollars and cents and was presumably for the US market.
It's operational, with pop-out cash draw. All the buttons work. Press the green buttons down and the amount pops up in the display. Press the big black button labelled "PUSH" and a bell rings and the drawer pops open.
It was made in Japan, probably during the 1950s or 1960s.
Second-hand, collectable Japanese tin toy
- In fair to good condition
- There are scratches and rust spots
- The paint is good overall
- The buttons are bent but work with the pop-up amounts
- The clear plastic of the display is cracked
- The Aster transfer is intact
- The main push button, bell and drawer work
Dimensions of Aster tin cash register
- 13cm high (5 inches)
- 11.5cm width (4.5 inches)
- 12cm depth (4.75 inches)
- 325 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.