What's for sale?
This is a large, old, metal tin with a colourful mix of text and graphics.
It was made to retail cake mix for the Hijos de Manuel Sirvent Miralles company of Jijona, Alicante in southern Spain. In English "Hijos de" translates as "the Children of".
The company makes nougat, dragées and other sweets. The pictures on the tin show bags of sugar being sieved and boiled and it's hard to choose our favourite between the drawings, the advertising panels on the back and the nameplate with the medals on the front.
What condition is it in?
- In fair to good condition
- There are several scratches and areas with rust
- The lid is a tight fit but can be opened and put back on
- There is a dent on the rim at the base
- The colouring is bright and uniform
- The graphics are strong and clear
What are the measurements?
- 25.5cm high (10 inches)
- 20.5cm width (8 inches)
- 623 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.