What's for sale?
This is a pair of "new old stock", Linda Farrow sunglasses with black, rounded aviator frames and high quality grey-green lenses. This style of frame is a softened take on the aviator with rounded corners and is particularly suitable for people with a round face.
The lenses are classed as category 2, which provide excellent UV protection and a medium level of glare reduction.
A black leather pouch and lens cloth is included.
The Linda Farrow brand relaunched after a more than twenty year gap in 2003, and this is an opportunity to buy original Linda Farrow sunglasses from the brand's first incarnation.
Who made them and when?
They were made for the Linda Farrow brand in the late 1980s.
What condition are they in?
- New old stock (they're old but are unused and haven't been retailed)
- In excellent condition
What are the measurements?
- Each lens is a maximum 46mm high by 51mm wide
- The frames are a maximum 130mm wide and 48mm high
- The bridge is 24mm
- The temple arm length is 145mm
- They weigh 24 grams
How are glasses measured?
- Some frames have their sizes printed on the arms
- Look for a pair of numbers separated by a square and a three-digit number on its own (e.g. "5219 ... 140")
- The first two numbers are the lens and bridge widths. The three-digit number is the temple arm length
- Lens widths are from 40 to 62mm, bridges 14 to 22mm and arms 120 to 150mm
- The bridge is measured where the gap between the lenses is narrowest (not the frames)
- The arm is measured from the hinge along its full length, including around the bend
- It's easiest to compare online measurements with glasses that fit you.
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.