An Art Deco, green striped glass, liqueur set
This is a cool-looking, glass liqueur set, comprising a distinctively Art Deco decanter and five matching aperitif or liqueur glasses.
The shape of the decanter and glasses are an inverted style with clean lines, typical of the Art Deco period of the 1920s and 1930s. The decanter also has a stopper with a flat top and wide brim. We haven't identified the maker and we think they could have been made anytime during the 1930s, 1940s or 1950s.
They've all been hand-painted with green and white stripes and bands. The decanter also has painted, concentric circles on its shoulders and on the top of the stopper.
They appear to be hand blown: there's a slight variation in the size of the glasses and they all have polished-out pontil marks.
Capacity of the glasses is a little over a double shot at 100ml.
Second-hand, collectable Art Deco glassware
- In good condition overall
- Some fading on the rims
- One smooth chip to the inside rim of one glass, as shown
- There are tiny nibbles or flea bites on the inside rim of the decanter
- No other damage
- There is a surface imperfection near the foot of the decanter as shown, but it isn't a crack
- The inside of the stopper is clean and undamaged
Dimensions of an Art Deco Liqueur Set
- 7.5cm high
- 6cm in diameter at the rim
- 85 grams each
- 100ml capacity
- 21.5cm high
- 8.5cm diameter at the base
- 11cm diameter at the shoulder
- 675 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.