An Edwardian, pressed, green, hobnail pattern, glass sugar shaker with threaded brass top. Second-hand.
What's for sale?
This is an antique, Edwardian, glass sugar shaker with threaded brass top.
The colour is a really nice, vibrant green, and it was almost certainly made by pressing the glass into a mould. The proportions and balance are just right and the hobnail pattern gives the base a more substantial appearance.
The threaded brass top is a good, tight fit.
What condition is it in?
- In very good condition
- The glass has no chips or cracks
- The top of the glass thread has lots of tiny nibbles or "fleabites" from where the top has been screwed on
- The top is a secure and tight fit
- The metal top has four small dents around the side and about six tiny dents around the centre hole
- The inside of the top is tarnished
What are the measurements?
- 13.5cm high (just over 5.25 inches)
- 6.5cm in diameter at the base (just over 2.5 inches)
- 146 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.