What's for sale?
This is a small and beautifully-worked, signed, glass scent bottle, overlaid with trailed blue glass and hallmarked, silver collar.
The design has an organic look, from the stretched, droplet stopper to the silver collar with engraved bark effect and flowing blue trailed glass around the body.
Who made it and when?
On the base, the glass is signed "T Young, 1987", referring to Tom Young who was based at Bridge of Allan in central Scotland.
The collar bears an extremely small hallmark on the neck, also for 1987, and for .958 finesse, Britannia silver, which is a slightly higher grade of silver than Sterling. The hallmark reads:
- The initials SL for the silversmith
- A Tudor rose, for the Sheffield assay office
- Britannia (the mark for .958 finesse, Britannia silver)
- An "N" (which style matches 1987)
What condition is it in?
- Excellent condition with no damage
What are the measurements?
- 12cm high
- 5cm in diameter
- 67 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to email@example.com.