A set of six, coloured crystal wine glasses, cut-to-clear by the renowned Belgian glass maker. From the 1950s or 1960s. Second-hand.
Val St Lambert Esneaux coloured crystal wine glasses for sale
This is a set of six, cut-to-clear, crystal wine glasses in three colours. They are by the renowned Belgian glass maker Val St. Lambert and cut in their Esneux pattern, first introduced in 1950 and discontinued around 1962.
The Esneux pattern is an intricate mix of horizontal and vertical cuts. There are 18 long vertical cuts, each faceted vertically in two halves, like a leaf. Then two deep, horizontal cuts are made in parallel, across the vertical cuts in the lower part of the bowl. The result is a multi-faceted series of angles and shapes.
In contrast, the stems are are six-sided, plain and without notches. The feet are also plain. Each glass still has the Val St Lambert sticker, so they may be unused.
Cut-to clear describes the technique of layering coloured glass over clear glass and then cutting a pattern to reveal the clear glass beneath.
Second-hand crystal wine glasses
- Very good condition
- No chips or cracks
- Handmade glasses can contain tiny air bubbles or distortions which can be seen when holding the glass up to the light
- There is one air bubble in one of the magenta glasses, one in both blue glasses and in one green glass, which also has a faint scratch on the outside of the bowl
What are the measurements?
- 18.5cm high (7.25 inches)
- 7.5cm bowl (3 inches)
- 11m stem (just over 4.25 inches)
- 7.5cm in diameter (3 inches)
- 223 grams each glass
- 1338 grams for the set
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.