A small, ornate, pewter jewellery or trinket box with original lining. Second-hand.
What's for sale?
This is a small, ornate, pewter jewellery or trinket box with original lining.
It's a pretty relief design in the Art Nouveau style and is clearly of the period. Flowers adorn the top and front, and leaves and vines complete the organic look. It sits on four splayed legs, also decorated with leaves.
On the top is a thick, curved vine which encircles a cartouche. It's not engraved but was probably intended to take the owner's initials.
The finish is part-polished which we think looks right for its age.
What condition is it in?
- In fair to good condition
- There are no rips in the lining
- The lining is a little dirty and stained in places
- It's tarnished and there are faint scraches
- There is a scratch on the underside of the thick vine
- The hinge works well and opens without looseness
What are the measurements?
- 6cm length (just under 2.5 inches)
- 4.5cm depth (1.75 inches)
- 4cm at highest point (1.5 inches)
- 159 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to email@example.com.