What's for sale?
This is a vintage 1960s, branded metal tin for Huntley & Palmers cocktail biscuits. It has a separate, non-hinged lid.
The design was introduced around 1955, with the word "Cocktail" in red in the middle of each letter and a dark brown background. This example appears to be faded on the front from sunlight, because the dark brown remains on the sides.
What condition is it in?
- The graphics are in good condition, but very faded on the lid
- There is a scratch on the lid which can be seen by moving the tin to catch the light
- There is rusting inside, along the seams and a large patch in the centre
- There are also a few small dents on the lid
- The back is very worn with many shallow scratches
What are the measurements?
- 4.5cm high
- 23cm width
- 17cm depth
- 288 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.