An Art Deco, 1930s, hand-decorated pottery trio, featuring a teacup with a hint of a flower pot in its design, pattern BG 34. Second-hand.
What's for sale?
This is a 1930s, Art Deco, ceramic trio of teacup, saucer and plate from the collectable, Staffordshire pottery of Myott Son & Co. It is hand-painted with a pretty floral design which also features a teacup with a hint of a flower pot in its shape.
The Art Deco style is seen in the triangular teacup handle and the square plate. The maker's mark identifies manufacture between 1930-1942.
Who made it and when?
It was made by the collectable Myott, Son & Co. of Cobridge, Stoke of Trent, Staffordshire. Their mark dates it between 1930 and 1942 and reads:
- MYOTT, SON & CO
- B.A.G. Co Ltd (British American Glass Ltd)
- HAND PAINTED
- B.G. 34 (which we think is the pattern)
What condition are they in?
- In very good condition
- No chips or cracks
- Several small stray paint marks on the plate
What are the measurements?
- 14.5cm width (just under 5.75 inches)
- 1cm high (just below 0.5 inches)
- 14cm diameter (5.5 inches)
- 1.5cm high (just over 0.5 inches)
- 8.5 cm diameter (over 3.25 inches)
- 10cm from rim to handle (4 inches)
- 6.5cm high (2.5 inches)
367g total weight
If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.