What's for sale?
This is a medium-sized, hand decorated, striped vase from 1960s or 70s West Germany.
The colouring is quite representative of the period, with flowing bands of white and ochre over a green base. The interior is finished with a mid-sheen, dark brown glaze.
It's by the well-known and long-established, German company Scheurich Keramik. They are still operating today, though not in the production of art pottery.
The 1950s to 1970s has become a very collectable period for West German art pottery. This piece is probably from the latter part of that time. It has a couple of faults from when it was made, but the colouring is superb.
Who made it?
It is unsigned, but the markings on the base are almost certainly identify Scheurich Keramik of Germany. The embossed mark reads:
- 203-22 (the form number and height in cm, separated by a hyphen)
What condition is it in?
- In good condition
- No chips or cracks
- Two depressions on the shoulder from being placed in the kiln
- There are several small pin holes in the glaze
- There is some faint crazing noticeable in the ochre
What are the measurements?
- 22.5cm high (just under 9 inches)
- 10cm diameter (4 inches)
- 795 grams
If you have any questions, just send an email to email@example.com.