A brief history of W H Grindley pottery
W H Grindley & Co were a Staffordshire earthenware and ironstone manufacturer, known particularly for exports to North America and the Commonwealth.
- Founded in 1880 by William Harry Grindley at the New Field Pottery at Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent
- In 1891 they moved to the Woodland Pottery, also in Tunstall
- In 1960 they were acquired in 1960 by Alfred Clough Limited
- In 1978 they were renamed Grindley of Stoke (Ceramics) Limited
- In 1991 they went into receivership
Identification of W H Grindley pottery
Where can you find out more?